Thursday, December 13, 2012

What I have Learned

Being in the group racialized people at first was hard to understand and grasp what was needed to be talked about and researched. It was a little complicating but my group managed to put it all together. Each one of my group members contributed to and voiced their opinions on racialized people.

Throughout the course and blogs I learned so much from knowledge that I already knew, to learning that racism still exists today  and many people undergo it. Racism will always be an issue but whether we stop the stereotyping and discriminating it will still affect the lives of racialized people.

I never knew that there were many issues of racism to this day until we started researching about them. It was shocking to see some articles and read my fellow bloggers blogs on this topic. It really opened my eyes to lean myself away from discriminating against anyone or stereotyping people. We need to learn not to judge a book by its cover because nothing is what it seems and it takes time to realize that. 

- Alyssa

1 comment:

  1. Alyssa,
    That is wonderful..you have a different perspective. The purpose of an education is to learn. At time we need to stop fighting our old beleifes and engage in new wisdom and knowlege. i hope you can continue in growing in being open minded..taking a step back and process before judging. That is a very difficult skill to learn, for some of us. Please continue to learn on how not to dicriminate and realizing the effects it has on others. Thank you for your honesty here.
    Heather

    ReplyDelete